“He who holds the data, makes the rules”
- Evildoers who want to profit from the use of our health data have led us to believe that HIPAA protects us and our data.
- HIPAA does not protect data, it actually allows doctors and hospitals to SHARE health data with millions of business and government entities who profit from analyzing the data.
- We are at the mercy of the government and big business as a result of HIPAA. If they are ever successful in combining our health data with REAL ID, and with a unique patient identifier, things will be even worse. We must repeal HIPAA as well as REAL ID, and reject all advances regarding the implementation of a national unique patient identifier number..
According to Citizens Coalition for Health Freedom, which is based in Minnesota, Minnesota has the strongest health data privacy laws in the country — such stronger than HIPAA.
We need to continue the fight to keep our Minnesota data privacy laws intact – they are under constant attack.
Also, REFUSE TO SIGN THE HIPAA FORM next time you go to the doctor.
The Citizens Coalition for Health Freedom (www.cchfreedom.org) has provided:
- information we need to refuse
- form you can submit documenting your experience refusing – were you refused care? Were you treated badly?
From the www.CCHFreedom.org website:
“You Have a Right to Refuse to Sign HIPAA Form in any way, shape or form. The federal government (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) has publicly stated that you have a right to refuse…”
“NOTE: Refusing to sign or choosing to sign provides you with no privacy protection to the 2.2 million entities given access to your data through HIPAA (1996) and HITECH (2009)… “
However, if you refuse to sign, there are some benefits. Visit www.CCHFreedom.org to learn more.
“The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has a web page that says you are allowed to refuse.”
Learn about all of the details in Twila Brase’s book, chapter 6: