On September 8, Placer county, CA announced their termination of the local health emergency. The people of that county achieved this by putting pressure on their county board and health agencies. We can do it too!
Arrange an appointment with your district’s county board supervisor representative and use these talking points with them (adapt them from CA to MN). Don’t see your county listed below? Email us the link and we’ll add it to the list!
- Hennepin county board supervisors list: https://www.hennepin.us/your-government#leadership. Board meeting schedule: https://www.hennepin.us/your-government/leadership/county-board-meetings
It would be good to use the same methods and letters with the following parties as well:
- State Board of Health – 651-201-5000, directory for employees: https://www.health.state.mn.us/agencydirectory/index.cfm, directory by topic: https://www.health.state.mn.us/about/faqphones.html, directory by division: https://www.health.state.mn.us/about/phones.html
- County Board of Health (don’t see your county? share the info and we’ll add it to the list!)
- House Representative and City Council member – find yours: https://myreps.datamade.us
Demand evidence for the “emergency”
…that the governors and mayors keep ‘renewing’ by writing a letter to ACLU, U.S. Attorney for Your District, Congressman, Senator and Attorney General. The template is here.
Finally, all states should follow the example of North and South Dakota, and legislate that the state attorney general reviews all executive orders from the president of the united States, and reject any that are unconstitutional: https://nationalfile.com/the-resistance-north-dakota-legislators-plan-to-nullify-bidens-executive-orders-at-state-level/
If we start seeing highway signs with health related messaging, we need to nip it in the bud as well:
- Email your highway transportation agencies and ask them to remove the signs on highways saying “Cover your face and mouth!” “Stay home and save lives!” “Wash your hands!”. Use the sample letters here: https://www.thehealthyamerican.org/transportation-letters?mc_cid=9424c5e75f&mc_eid=d474cadc5c.